TGW Studio is looking for a Designer (digital 80%, traditional 20%) to play an integral role in a diverse set of projects with our valued partners and on internal TGW projects.
THIS IS YOU:
You’re a user-centered, strategic, and creatively edgy designer. You’re always thinking about the audience experience. You’re organized and find systems sexy. You’re dedicated to social impact marketing. You work in everything from Adobe to Figma, prototypes to motion, and love trying new tools. You collaborate with team members from strategists to content and creative leads. You jump into project management software and deep work style seamlessly. Oh…and you’re nice.
THIS IS US:
TGW Studio is a woman and LGBTQ+ owned full-service social impact marketing and creative studio that partners with forward-thinking organizations to tell their stories in industries such as renewable energy, startups, and technology, social justice, education, nonprofits, healthcare, manufacturing + technology, + food/beverage sectors. Located in downtown Rochester, NY, TGW Studio is a Certified B Corporation, one of just over 3,500 for-profit businesses globally certified meeting rigorous standards of social concern and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
We have the fortune of working with people we love–both internally and externally–who have committed their professional careers to positive impact.
At TGW, we strive to ensure this is an inclusive, safe environment for all. We were recently featured in TIME magazine for our 4-day workweek program and we’re proud to have implemented the policy permanently to maximize team health (mental and physical), happiness, productivity, creativity, and our ability to maximize our positive impact on society and the planet. As members of 1% For The Planet, we commit to donating a minimum of 1% of our annual total revenue to environmental nonprofits.
Curious? Good. Have an established taste? Great. Able to iterate on details and see the forest for the trees? Best.
2+ years experience in professional design
Strong design portfolio, with emphasis on web design and digital marketing
Passion for positive social impact in one or more social justice or environmental cause.
Front End Web Design + Digital Design (strong daily working knowledge and experience)
- Large campaign creative – activation across multiple channels (paid, earned, and owned)
- Social design – creative design for client campaigns, including resizing and reformatting for appropriate platforms (strong working knowledge and experience)
- Landing page and website design & development
- CMS back and front end design – The big ones, WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, etc (strong working knowledge and experience)
Web Management (strong working knowledge and experience)
- Day-to-day web updates, formatting content, and design
- Basic database management and troubleshooting as needed
- Ecomm management – product creation, inventory management, back end management, design updates (strong working knowledge and experience)
- Assist with server and hosting needs
- Analytics (working knowledge) and integrations
Organic social design and social ad experience + display ad design experience
Experience branding social media accounts
Photography We want you to know your way around a DSLR, basic lighting, and staging. Send us your examples.
Motion Graphics, illustration, video production, and post-production/editing skills are more than a plus. Send us your examples.
Print Design We want you to have some print experience too (strong working knowledge and experience)
- Sales collateral (postcards, sale sheets, report design)
- Event Materials
- Print production and coordination
- Packaging design
- Large format (banners, trade show signage, etc)
- Brand ID kit materials and deliverables
Self-start and work well independently as well as collaborate favorably in a team environment
“Figure it out” attitude, go above and beyond and learn as you go
Strong writing, communication, and client-facing skills. We need to be able to put you in front of our partners. Written and verbal communication skills in a professional but kind, down-to-earth manner with a strong yet humble style.
Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (strong daily working knowledge and experience)
HTML + CSS (working knowledge and experience)
Email Marketing Tools and Integrations
- Email Marketing Design
- Segmentation and analysis
Committed and team player – we succeed and grow together
- All team members take a “little bit of everything” approach to our work and solutions and this position will certainly do the same
A little more about us:
- We’re positive and always take care of each other
- We think old school and expect anyone that is with us to stick around with us and be invested in our mission, as our mission only works if everyone is on board
- We like music and have campfires together
- We have office dogs
- We provide good pay and benefits
- We make it a point to work with downright good people as exclusively as possible
- Our studio is located in a vibrant part of the downtown community, in an old Rochester manufacturing building run on geothermal power, across from the Genesee River and Roc Skatepark
- Most importantly, we do our damndest to make sure the work we’re doing is not self-serving, but creating an impact while also keeping the lights on
Please submit your resume and portfolio to contact AT tgwstudio.com.
In lieu of a cover letter, please write up a quick paragraph or two on one social or environmental cause or issue for which you hold a strong passion and some detail on why.
TGW Studio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome all individuals no matter your race, gender identity, sexual orientation, service, or disability.