TGW Studio is proud to be a women and LGBTQ+ owned and operated employer. All interested individuals, including Black, indigenous, and other people of color; women and femmes; people with disabilities; and people who are transgender, intersex, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or queer, are particularly urged to apply. We welcome applicants who are excited about applying their skills to advancing our mission of amplifying diverse voices.
This is us:
TGW Studio – (tgwstudio.com) is located in downtown Rochester, NY. As a woman and LGBTQ+ owned full-service social impact marketing and creative studio, we partner with forward-thinking organizations to tell their stories.
TGW Studio is a Certified B Corporation, one of just over 2,500 for-profit businesses globally certified, meeting rigorous standards of social concern and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. As members of 1% For The Planet, we commit to donating a minimum of 1% of our annual total revenue to environmental nonprofits.
Our work focuses on positive social, environmental, and community impact, and we love making things. We have the fortune of working with people we love–both internally and externally–who have committed their professional careers to a positive impact.
At TGW, we strive to ensure this is an inclusive, safe environment for all. We were recently featured in TIME magazine for our 4-day workweek program. We’re proud to have implemented the policy
permanently to maximize team health (mental and physical), happiness, productivity, creativity, and our ability to maximize our positive impact on society and the planet.
We are looking for a Web Designer/Developer to play an integral role in a diverse set of projects with our valued partners and on internal TGW projects.
The Web Designer/Developer position will collaborate with other creatives, developers, and strategists to design, build, and maintain our partner websites, using modern languages and frameworks, content management systems, management tools, and digital media.
You’ll be developing websites, microsites, other digital experiences, and generally supporting our larger digital initiatives.
This position will identify issues, implement solutions, and evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, and/or operating systems.
Our hope is to find someone who considers themselves a design/development hybrid, who has an eye for design as well as the technical skills to implement a vision.
This is YOU:
● Strong CMS knowledge and experience: (back and front end design) The big ones:
● WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Squarespace, etc
● Visual builders such as Elementor
● Web Accessibility Knowledge
● Strong knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite
● Excitement around UX and can bring some knowledge
● Basic database management experience
● Assist with server and hosting needs
● Maintenance and security frameworks
Bonus Skills (Send us your examples!)
● SEO knowledge and experience
● Motion Graphics, illustration, video production, and post-production/editing skills are more than a plus.
● Photography Experience
● Ecomm experience- product creation, inventory management, back end management, design updates
● Additional coding languages not mentioned above
● 2+ years of experience in professional design/development required
● !This application requires a strong design/development portfolio
● !This application requires a strong passion for positive social impact in one or more social justice or environmental cause or area
● Self-start and work well independently as well as collaborate favorably in a team environment
● “Figure it out” attitude, go above and beyond and learn as you go
● Strong writing, communication, and client-facing skills. We need to be able to put you in front of our partners. Written and verbal communication skills in a professional but kind, down-to-earth manner with a strong yet humble style
● Committed and team player – we succeed and grow together. All team members take a “little bit of everything” approach to our work and solutions, and this position will certainly do the same
A little more about us
● We’re positive and always take care of each other
● We think old school and expect anyone that is with us to stick around with us and be invested in our mission, as our mission only works if everyone is on board
● Did we mention we operate on a 4-Day work week?
● We like music and have campfires together
● We have office dogs
● We provide good pay and benefits
● We make it a point to work with downright good people as exclusively as possible
● Our studio is located in a vibrant part of the downtown community, in an old Rochester manufacturing building run on geothermal power, across from the Genesee River and Roc Skatepark
● Most importantly, we do our damndest to make sure the work we’re doing is not self-serving but creating an impact (while also keeping the lights on)
Please submit your resume and portfolio to contact AT tgwstudio.com.
● In lieu of a cover letter, please write up a quick paragraph or two on one social or environmental cause or issue for which you hold a strong passion and some detail on why.
Our team is committed to representing a variety of cultures, skills, and backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better we will (and our work) will be.