We’re hiring a Brand Manager to join the earnest and imaginative team at TGW Studio, an LGBTQ+/non-binary/women-owned and -operated social impact marketing firm with a 4-day workweek in Rochester, NY.
The Brand Manager at TGW Studio will be an essential collaborator in all account management, strategy, digital and branding projects for our partners and our studio.
Please note: this position is one-third account/brand management, one-third digital program management (paid and organic), and one-third strategy, planning, and writing.
This is a leadership role.
The Brand Manager…
- serves as a key partner and mentor to our partners. They articulate our firm’s ethos, listen strategically, and support growth opportunities
- ensures that projects are completed on time through excellent management skills of internal and external teams
- has a deep understanding and can implement a series of digital and traditional tactics, integrated marketing campaigns, and comprehensive marketing plans (e.g., web projects, digital ad programs, organic and paid social programs, email marketing programs, inbound marketing, and more)
- is an excellent communicator, collaborator, and leader
- is a skilled writer and thrives in systematizing and organizing
- writes strategic high-level content for partners (from blog posts and press releases to annual reports and planning documents)
- conducts research, formulates insights, and generates recommendations that reflect an understanding of each partner’s unique context, mission, and work
- analyzes data to draw actionable insights for campaign and program optimizations, surfacing recommendations with internal and external teams as appropriate, and implementing changes
- works closely with team members and participates in defining plans, needs, KPI’s and translates these requests with input briefs and direction to the internal teams
- develops projects from concept to creation, including creating, organizing, and implementing content calendars and digital/print ads
- dives into discovery, research, and planning steps with internal teams
- participates and presents effectively in client meetings, training workshops, and other public-facing events, with an emphasis on inclusion, equity, and accessibility
- furthers TGW’s own leadership and new business efforts through content creation and production. Think blog posts, email newsletters, podcasts, webinars, and in-person events
- supports individual and team growth through participating in team meetings, retreats, and committees that advance studio projects and providing your input on TGW’s priorities, goals, and initiatives
This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position based on a four-day work week, though occasional evening, Friday, or weekend work/travel may be required. All roles at TGW currently include hybrid work flexibility on one specified day per week.
About TGW Studio:
Founded in 2012 and based in Rochester, N.Y., TGW Studio is a purpose-driven creative and strategy studio that partners with forward-thinking brands to tell their stories. Our boutique creative studio and marketing agency is a leader in integrating creative branding with mission-driven strategies, while also creating shared value and inspiring cultural change for our partners.
We’re women/LGBTQ+/non-binary-owned and -operated, and our clever, deliberate team is dedicated making to positive social, environmental, and community impact by helping our partners say what they mean, and mean what they say.
TGW is a Certified B Corporation, meaning that we’re evaluated based on rigorous standards of social, environmental, and governance best practices. Our B Corp certification helps us tell the world, “Hey, we do things differently, and we’re doing our best to make the world a better place.” Our downtown Rochester studio is in a building run on geothermal power across from the Genesee River and Roc Skatepark.
TGW Studio embraces equity, belonging, and accessibility in a serious way. The more inclusive we are, the better we (and our work) will be. We foster and maintain a workplace where folks can feel safe being their true selves. Individuals with diverse identities, work experiences, abilities, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. TGW does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Strong candidates for this Brand Manager role will have three years of relevant experience in marketing and communication roles. Our ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, agency experience, as well as some familiarity with social impact communications, marketing, and/or fundraising (in-house, as a freelancer, or through an agency).
You will be a strong candidate if you have…
- Have a proven ability to build and manage relationships with clients. Identifying their needs and goals, then effectively communicating in-scope steps to an internal team
- Digital Advertising execution and strategy skills across platforms
- Analytics and Reporting, Digital Paid and Organic experience
Examples include: Monthly reporting for paid, organic, and web analytics, including major platforms, CRMs, and Google Analytics
- Ability to manage multiple projects, partner campaigns, and budgets in a dynamic, tech-forward manner
- Proven track record in client budget management and campaign planning/execution/optimization
- Integrations Execution and Management (strong working knowledge and experience)
Examples: Google Analytics integration, tracking pixel integration, CRM integrations (Salesforce and HubSpot experience a huge plus), Mailchimp and email client integrations
- Strong long- and short-form writing skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, implementation, and management
- Strong working knowledge and experience of translating brand, design, and marketing strategy into great content
- A passion for social impact in one or more social justice/environmental area
- Good communication skills, in person, on the phone, by video, and in writingThe ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully within and across teams, recognizing that our collective efforts are best served by full team participation.
- A “figure it out” attitude, with the ability to learn as you go and take initiative to approach creative projects in fresh ways
- Accountability to meeting deadlines
- The ability to prioritize your workload and manage your time independently
- Close attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- The willingness to pitch in on projects as needed and appropriate for the service of the full team
- A growth mindset, fostering continuous learning for yourself and others
- The ability to apply principles of equity, inclusion, justice, and belonging in your everyday work
TGW offers competitive pay and a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a four-day, 32-hour workweek, health care reimbursements and flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, parental leave, accrued paid time off, sick leave, disability coverage, and other life and work well-being benefits. TGW provides each employee with an Apple computer and basic workspace equipment as needed (including an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse).
TGW Studio requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and willing to keep up-to-date with vaccines that protect against the COVID-19 virus. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
Please submit your resume and portfolio including writing samples to contact [at] tgwstudio.com with the subject line “Brand Manager Application.” Please submit two writing samples, one that’s more than a page long and demonstrates your long-form writing ability, and another that shows us your short-form writing skills and creative thinking (a name, tagline, or slogan, for example).
In lieu of a cover letter, please write up 1-2 paragraphs on a social or environmental cause or issue for which you hold a strong passion and some detail on why.
We appreciate the time it takes to put together a thoughtful job application, and we will be in touch as soon as we can to let you know the status of your submission. If you haven’t heard from us within thirty days of submitting your application, please feel free to drop us a note at contact [at] tgwstudio.com.