As of April 24, 2023, the application process for this position is currently closed. Thank you!
We’re hiring a Content Producer to join the earnest and imaginative team at TGW Studio, an LGBTQ+/non-binary/women-owned and -operated social impact marketing firm with a four-day workweek in Rochester, NY. Content Producers at TGW Studio are essential collaborators in all branding, marketing, and strategy projects for our partners and our studio.
This job includes:
- Writing and editing meaningful, impactful, and error-free content for short- and long-form applications across industries and brand personas. Think taglines, social media posts, website copy, podcasts, cases for support, and more.
- Creating and producing organic and paid content across platforms.
- Creating and working with existing photography, video assets, graphics, and other creative tools for digital applications from social posts to digital ads to websites.
- Developing projects from concept to creation, including by creating, organizing, and implementing content calendars and digital/print ads.
- Bringing compelling language and ideas to bear for campaigns, projects, brands, and partners.
- Collaborating with the entire team (including designers, strategists, brand managers, and TGW leadership) on internal and external projects.
- Working on multiple projects at once, successfully seeing each one from milestone to milestone to completion.
- Diving into discovery, research, and planning steps with internal teams to better understand our partners’ unique needs.
- Participating and presenting effectively in client meetings, training workshops, and other public-facing events, with an emphasis on inclusion, equity, and accessibility.
- Furthering TGW’s own leadership and new business efforts through content creation and production. Think blog posts, email newsletters, podcasts, webinars, and in-person events.
- Supporting individual and team growth through participating in team meetings, retreats, committees that advance studio projects, and providing your input on TGW’s priorities, goals, and initiatives.
- Actively taking part in TGW’s justice, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility work, which takes many forms, and is embedded in all that we do, including and especially through all partner work and among all team members.
The Content Producer reports to the Strategy Director but works closely with the entire team. This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. As with all full-time positions at TGW, the workload is based on a four-day, 32-hour work week, though occasional evening, Friday, or weekend work/travel may be required. Our standard hours are Monday through Thursday, 9-5 ET. All roles at TGW currently include hybrid work flexibility on one specified day per week.
About TGW Studio:
Founded in 2012 and based in Rochester, N.Y., TGW Studio is a purpose-driven creative and strategy studio that partners with forward-thinking brands to tell their stories. Our boutique creative studio and marketing agency is a leader in integrating creative branding with mission-driven strategies, while also creating shared value and inspiring cultural change for our partners.
We’re women/LGBTQ+/non-binary-owned and -operated, and our clever, deliberate team is dedicated making to positive social, environmental, and community impact by helping our partners say what they mean, and mean what they say.
TGW is a Certified B Corporation, meaning that we’re evaluated based on rigorous standards of social, environmental, and governance best practices. Our B Corp certification helps us tell the world, “Hey, we do things differently, and we’re doing our best to make the world a better place.” Our downtown Rochester studio is in a building run on geothermal power across from the Genesee River and Roc Skatepark.
TGW Studio embraces equity, belonging, and accessibility in a serious way. The more inclusive we are, the better we (and our work) will be. We foster and maintain a workplace where folks can feel safe being their true selves. Individuals with diverse identities, work experiences, abilities, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. TGW does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Strong candidates for this Content Producer role will have two to three years of relevant experience in marketing and content production roles. Our ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, agency experience, as well as some familiarity with social impact communications, marketing, and/or fundraising (in-house, as a freelancer, or through an agency).
You will be a strong candidate if you have…
- Strong social media content production and organization skills on all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.
- Digital ad execution skills across platforms.
- Familiarity with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Photography and videography competencies for digital applications.
- Strong long- and short-form writing skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, implementation, and management.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of translating brand, design, and marketing strategy into great content.
- A passion for social impact in one or more social justice/environmental area.
- Good communication skills, in person, on the phone, by video, and in writing.
- The ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully within and across teams, recognizing that our collective efforts are best served by full team participation.
- A “figure it out” attitude, with the ability to learn as you go and take initiative to approach creative projects in fresh ways.
- Accountability to meeting deadlines.
- The ability to prioritize your workload and manage your time independently.
- Close attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- General marketing strategy and knowledge, with strong historical results a plus.
- Working knowledge of web accessibility, management, and execution.
- The willingness to pitch in on projects as needed and appropriate for the service of the full team.
- A growth mindset, fostering continuous learning for yourself and others.
- Proficiencies with our tools and technology (Google Suite, Zoom, Grammarly, Asana, Canva), and comfort adopting new ones.
- The ability to apply principles of equity, inclusion, justice, and belonging in your everyday work.
TGW offers competitive pay and a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a four-day, 32-hour workweek, health care reimbursements and flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, parental leave, accrued paid time off, sick leave, disability coverage, and other life and work well-being benefits. TGW provides each employee with an Apple computer and basic workspace equipment as needed (including an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse).
TGW Studio requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and willing to keep up-to-date with vaccines that protect against the COVID-19 virus. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
Please submit your resume and portfolio including writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Producer Application.” Please submit two writing samples, one that’s more than a page long and demonstrates your long-form writing ability, and another that shows us your short-form writing skills and creative thinking (a name, tagline, or slogan, for example).
In lieu of a cover letter, please write up 1-2 paragraphs on a social or environmental cause or issue for which you hold a strong passion and some detail on why. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
To ensure your application is included in our first round of reviews, please submit all of your materials by April 6, 2023. Our ideal candidate will be available to start in May 2023.
We appreciate the time it takes to put together a thoughtful job application, and we will be in touch as soon as we can to let you know the status of your submission. If you haven’t heard from us within thirty days of submitting your application, please feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com.